Welcome to the 35th Wearin' of the Green, St. Patrick's Day Parade!
As we begin preparations for the 2020 event, we want to emphasize that insurance requirements have changed from previous years. We no longer have substantial faith in our float captains to control participant activities. Each float will be required to provide a Special Events Policy covering participation in the parade either through your own insurance or via our insurance company, Blumberg & Associates. As a participant, here is the range of coverage you should budget for:
Mini Float (1-19 riders): $300
Regular Float (20-30 riders): $550
Super Float (31-50 riders): $575
Tandem Float (51-100 riders): $650
For information about the new insurance requirements, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
1. Sign up for the 2020 Wearin’ of the Green Parade by completing the Parade Entry Form (Release & Hold Harmless) by either:
- Signing form online and pay by using a credit card or Manually, by downloading the current year form and returning it signed with a check, money order or cash payment to:
The Parade Group, LLC; 6906 Moniteau Court; Baton Rouge, LA 70809
2. Send proof of required insurance (certificate) by or sign up for insurance by January 13, 2020:
- 2020 Insurance: Participant is required to maintain a Special Events Policy covering participation in the Parade and anyliability of participant in connection with such participation. Minimum limits of not less than $1,000,000 in General Liability and $1,000,000 in Auto Liability per occurrence.
- The Parade Group, LLC should be named as additional insured
- Use online insurance link to have Blumberg & Associates provide your Krewe with an insurance quote
- Or have your insurance company forward your certificate to email@example.com; Blumberg & Associates; 8560 Jefferson Hwy, Baton Rouge, LA 70809; (225) 767-1442
3. Complete Float Form
- Specify whether you will be a Family/Friend Krewe or a Corporate/Political Krewe
- Complete Owner name & provide photos if owner is not pre-approved
- Walker information needs to be uploaded to portal by February 21, 2020 in order for you to receive Parade Entry papers. Should this information change, Krewe Captain will be responsible for getting safety information to them.
- All information must be into Parade Office no later than February 28, 2020
- Family/Friend Krewe- Join with family and friends to form a Krewe. Your float must not promote, and no one in your Family/Friend Krewe may throw nor wear anything that promotes a company, organization, event or yourself. Parade Fees are non-refundable.
- Corporate/Political Krewe - Promote your company, event, or self to a couple hundred thousand onlookers on parade day as well as via media and social media avenues pre and post-parade. You are encouraged to publicize a single company name/organization on your float decorations, branded throws in addition to Krewe dress. If multiple organizations are to be promoted, please contact us directly for the cost. We will promote you, per your instruction, on our website, through social media as well as our Shenanigans Newsletter for the calendar year when you are a Sponsor. Parade Fees are non-refundable.
- Tow Notice: Should a vehicle or trailer break down, it will be pulled from the parade route by Road Runner Towing Company. For this service the participant will be charged a $500 fee.
- Important: Should your Krewe, at any point in time, need to be reclassified from a Family/Friend Krewe to a Corporate/Political Krewe due to the float decoration/Krewe dress or throws being corporate/political in nature, the Krewe will be required to pay the difference between entry fees. Please advise all Krewe members in advance of Parade Day to avoid additional charges.
PAPER OR ONLINE ENTRY ENTRY FEE INFORMATION:
- Family/Friend Krewe $3,000
- Corporate/Political Krewe $6,500
To review Parade Rules, click here.
How Are You Registering?
? Select this if you want to join with family and friends to form a Krewe. You may not throw any throws that promote a company, organization, an event or yourself. You may not wear clothing that promotes any company, organization, event or yourself. Parade Fees are non-refundable.
? Choose this if you want to promote your company, an event or yourself. You are free to publicize a single company name/organization on your float decorations, branded throws as well as Krewe dress. We will promote you, per your instruction, on our website, through social media as well as our Shenanigans Newsletter for the calendar year when you are a Sponsor. Parade Fees are non-refundable.
? All bands, including those with marching groups, come via an invitation. If you would like your band to be considered for our upcoming parade, please send information about your band (size/type), the best way to reach you (and when).